Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jewel Tones

It's no secret that I love color.  I always have, it's just something that makes me happy.  Color inspires me to be creative.  When I see a well designed room with rich, vibrant colors, it evokes an immediate reaction.  Pair color with texture and well, it's like I've died and gone to heaven.  But while I like color, my favorite colors are jewel tones.  Jewel tones are intense, rich, and highly saturated (meaning that the hue is dominant; a color like grey would have very little saturation). They are modeled after precious gems.  Interiors that have a good command of jewel toned colors leave me feeling as though I've just visited a special place. Here are a few "special places" I love. 

Excellent job of blending the citrine, garnet, teal and aubergine
tones in this space. 
Image courtesy of www.blog.decoratingden-ma-nh-me.com

Jewel toned pillows set against neutral window treatments and
upholstery works beautifully.
Image courtesy of www.yourdecoratinghotline.com

Varying shades of violet blend perfectly in this
lapiz living space.
Image courtesy of www.entertainingchic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment